So I've decided to have a serious thing with my new year's resolutions this year. I have three major points. Two which will contribute to the first.
1. Lose 30 lbs. I know everyone tells me, "That's too much!" But seriously, looking at BMI charts and other sites and information for years, that's what how much weight I need to lose to get to the healthy range. It's time to do it.
2. No soda. I tried this last year and made it to 6 months. I was pretty proud of myself. Then my birthday came and I got a job and all we had was soda that would keep you alert for the job and so on. Lame excuse, I know, but hey, I couldn't resist. Haha.
3. The hardest, in my opinion, of the three. I'm going to try and be a vegetarian. My mother says I won't last until February 1st. If I last until then, she'll give me $25. So I'm all for it! But I am serious. It's a healthy way to live and I don't think it's only about not eating meat, its just mainly about getting enough vegetables and fruits in your diet. I read the book Fat Cat and this girl went back to the ways of barbarians of eating very healthy and no processed foods. Then she added being a vegetarian on top of that. I know it was fictional, but she had a good point. We've come to a society that relies on meats and carbs and processed foods. I am still going to eat some carbs and processed foods, but definitely not as much. Definitely, no meat however.
So that's why I'm starting a blog. Every week or every time I think of it, I'll write down how it is going and track my progress throughout the year.
Sadly enough, Jan. 1st and 2nd I had already eaten meat, but I'm starting fresh and new. I'm so determined to do this. Everyone has that new year's resolution of losing weight but never follow through, including me. But this year is different. I'm coming to the end of my junior year in High school and about to enter my senior year. I want to leave home feeling great about myself and my body. Maybe not really show it off. But feel healthy. And I can't wait!!
So here it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment